Often we are the ones to blame for having too many debts.We depend on our economy to progress in general, but many of us should really start from the very beginning. Start with ourselves. Maybe we are constantly doing something wrong? Maybe we do not know how to deal with money when it comes to spending it?
Ok, here are some major money mistakes you need to avoid:
1.Food. Is that the best market you have near you? Do a little research and find suitable prices and locations.
2. Before you go to the grocery-store make a list of things you need to buy. Have a plan of what you are going to cook, what you are going to eat for breakfast and what you have to take with you for a lunch.
3. Do not step into the grocery-store hungry. I guarantee that you will buy things you don’t need if you’re starving.
4. Have lunch at work. In order to make connections, many people prefer to eat out with their colleagues. It is not a bad thing at all, but if you would like to save some money bring your brown bag with you at least 2-3 times a week, if not more.
5. Start drinking your own coffee. Have you ever tried to calculate how much money you spend on coffee yearly? I bet you will be surprised. Buy a special cup for coffee and make it each morning.
6. Cooking. Cooking is a lot of fun. There is a chance you will find a hidden cook somewhere deep inside of your soul. Try to cook as often as you can. Start slow and cook once each week.
7. Do not forget to pay attention to the expiration date on goods. What is the point of taking two gallons of milk if it is about to become useless.
8. Do not pay with your credit card when you buy small things like tea or coffee (but we already know that you will not buy one). There are too many hidden fees and there is no need for you to overpay with your credit card.
9. No impulse buying. When we see a word “SALE” our brains turn off for some reason. Don’t let it happen to you. There is a big chance that you do not even need the thing you see on sale. Only the price makes it tempting
10. As for clothes and other stuff, sell things that you do not need anymore. There is no obvious reason to store everything, unless you feel like donating it of course.
11. Coupons. Look for them and use them.
12. Do not buy something you can possibly borrow. Books can be borrowed (or at lest you can buy used books).
13. Before you decide to buy a laptop for example, do a price check. It won’t take long, but this way you can make sure you are choosing the best deal.
14. Our body consists of 80% water and it is very important to drink a lot of water during the day. Do not buy it, drink your own.
15. Take care of your vehicle with regular maintenance and keep it as long as it is possible.
16. Ride a bicycle. It’s a pity if you have one but do not use it. Gas prices are high, which is why it would be better for your wallet and of course for your health to use a bicycle (really good if you have one) whenever it is possible.
17. Vacations. Try to plan it long before it actually comes. When you book your tickets (hotel, car, etc) in advance you will most likely get a discount.
18. Utility use is a common problem. We don’t pay attention to such small details, but unfortunately at the end of the month we get upset after seeing the bill.
19. Movies. Tickets will be cheaper if you visit movies before 6 pm
20. And finally one of the most important things: avoid lavish friends. They do not need (maybe do not want) to save money, that is why they will cause you temptation to spend money.
I am sure you recognized your mistakes here. Stay away from them and you will end up having extra cash in your pocket 24/7.
Mila Ray works as a financial expert at PaydayLoans@. She shares her experience and recommends efficient and easy ways to save money.